What we're looking for
Forage is hiring a Merchant Operations Manager to provide our customers guidance and support during their onboarding into our technology platform. Our customers are grocery stores, and our platform gives them the ability to sell groceries to low-income Americans. Our onboarding process consists of technical integrations, government compliance, and banking services.
The Merchant Operations Manager will partner closely with other Forage departments (e.g. sales, engineering, product) and external entities (e.g. government agents) to provide the best possible experience for the customer.
- Introduce our customers to the onboarding process and act as the project enabler to ensure the customer remains successful and engaged with the process
- Handle inbound and outbound customer service activities via live chat, email, phone, and Zoom meetings
- Timely and accurately respond to customer inquiries. These will include frequent value-based follow-up and timely fulfillment of commitments
- Serve as the liaison and trusted advisor between our customers and government agencies
- Participate in onboarding sessions and demos with merchants, platforms, and government agencies
- Guide internal UAT and prepare customers for successful testing with FNS
- Create and manage project timelines and document meeting notes, progress, and risks
- Gather feedback and product input to ensure each customer’s objectives are met
- Assist in developing tools & resources used by the Platform Relationship team
- Proactively communicate onboarding challenges internally while continuously improving the process
- 2+ years of relevant work supporting high touch customers in a growing company
- Excellent customer service, sales, and relationship-building skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong project/program management skills
- Strong customer empathy and ability to build strong working relationships cross-functionally and with external partners
- Ability to focus on your goals but be flexible in your approach
- Demonstrated experience working on several projects in parallel
- Meaningful work that makes a positive impact on our society.
- Competitive compensation: salary, equity, and benefits.
- A remote-first work environment with opportunity for onsite meetings.
- A fun and caring environment that prioritizes transparency, growth, and ownership.
- A talented, diverse, high-achieving, and humble team with diverse backgrounds and viewpoints.
Apply for this Job
If you are interested in applying or have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org